Woven is the antithesis of female cliques.
My tag line “WOVEN IS FOR EVERY WOMAN” didn’t seem to be working. Women aren’t used to such an open invitation for friendship, and that’s exactly why Woven was birthed. To express the inclusiveness of Woven Women, I was divinely inspired recently with this tag line:
WOVEN is for every woman on the planet!
“Divinely” inspired because it seems that God has aligned the stars and times to expand this ministry. Woven began in 1998 in one church. Soon I was writing, professionally printing, and selling my curriculum to women who were starving for meaningful relationships.
Woven took a back seat as I served in various pastor positions and planted a church. Six years ago, God resurrected this ministry when I began attending Newark Church of the Nazarene. It’s been beautiful to witness His purpose being actualized: “I want you WOVEN into a tapestry of love, in touch with everything there is to know of God.” (Col. 2:2-3)
The love is contagious!
This small group ministry has evolved into worship events, retreats, extensive community outreach, and now our monthly Girls’ Night Out. Women have experienced depth in their spiritual journey and friendships with women. They’re empowered to use their gifts, discover their dreams. God is expanding our territory.
- Girls’ Night Out is an ecumenical worship for our community. Attendance doubled in just a few months.
- Woven is now the Women’s Ministry for the South Central Ohio District Church of the Nazarene. This means that our team will be training leaders to begin Woven in multiple churches.
- Our GNO includes a Monthly Ministry Emphasis for Community Outreach and we will be expanding our ministry to The Courage House for women.
WOVEN IS FOR EVERY WOMAN ON THE PLANET!
- United States (1998)
- South Africa (2004)
- Multiple Countries via our blog (2010)
- New York City Mission (2012)
- Japan (2013)
- AND ANNOUNCING…(drumroll, please)
JANUARY 2015: UGANDA & KENYA!
God has been calling me to these countries for nearly 10 years. I’ve been praying for His timing and direction. The time has come: the fulfillment of a dream! I’m very humbled to deliver His message of FREEDOM to the people of East Africa and bring Woven to the women. The mission is to preach and teach through open air crusades and all believers’ conferences; and reach out to women in the villages and churches. The trip will be December 29-January 19th.
YOU CAN HELP SEND WOVEN TO AFRICA! Here are the needs:
- BE THE WINGS: Transportation, Room & Board, Prayer
- BRING THE WORD: Video Projector, Bibles, Translators
- BLESS THE WOMEN: Woven Curriculum, Prayer Squares, Encouragement Cards
PRAYER is of course, the greatest need! The cost is projected at $5000. Financial support is appreciated, as for the past 6 years I have volunteered my time to grow the Woven ministry. This is a walk of faith! For more details, email Cindy@WeAreWovenWomen.com. Check for updates on FB.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! We Are Woven!